The Program Director will be responsible for implementing the expansion of JCC Global’s flagship program: Amitim- Fellows- A Global Leadership Network; operating in North America, Israel, Latin America, Europe and Former Soviet Union. In addition, he/she will serve as an assistant to the Executive Director and will coordinate additional JCC Global activities as needed. (The Program Director will be supervised by the Executive Director.)
- Implement Amitim- Fellows – A Global Leadership Network based on JCC Global’s policies and the direction from the global steering committee and Executive Director. The program will connect 75 JCC in long term global partnerships.
- Assignments also include implementing all aspects of a weeklong Global Conference that will take place in New York, November 2017 and a World Conference of JCCs that will take place in Israel, November 2019.
- Assist in recruitment, screening and preparing participating candidates who are senior leaders in JCCs around the world.
- Work hand in hand with organizations that offer Jewish Peoplehood programs in order to prepare a program guide that will be the basis for developing partnerships.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Fellows and additional staff members. Provide support, guidance and troubleshooting.
- Assist the executive director with additional activities as needed which include administrative work.
1. Academic degree
1. Strong background in Informal Jewish education and adult learning
2. Past experience in communal work and working with nonprofits
3. Past meaningful cross cultural experiences- a must.
4. Verbal and written fluency in both English and Hebrew, knowledge of an additional language/s – a strong asset
5. Excellent interpersonal skills- friendly, team worker, listener
6. Creative and assertive yet patient and flexible
7. Ready to work longer hours when needed and across many time zones
8. Good computer and social media skills