Early Childhood Center Director
JCC is recruiting!
The JCC presents a unique opportunity for an experienced Early Childhood Professional to join our team as the Director of our new Early Childhood Center, scheduled to open in Winter 2016/2017. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership ability and be capable of all aspects of establishing a nursery.
JCC Early Childhood Center is a new venture of the Jewish Community Centre. It will be equipped to serve a maximum of 25 children. The opening of the nursery is planned for Winter 2016/2017, and until that time the Director will be responsible for conducting all procedures to prepare the ECC for intake and operating in full partnership with the parent company.
– Knowledge of legal issues specific to the care of children aged 3 and under, as well as labor law, issues of occupational health and safety, and fire-safety issues,
– Ability to lead a team effectively and quickly strategize,
– Organizational skills, reliability, orderliness, creativity,
– Knowledge of/respect for Jewish culture and values,
– Ability to calmly navigate through conflicts between multiple stakeholders,
– Skills to deal with team concerns as they arise,
– Time management,
– Decisive and analytic approach to problem solving,
– Advanced English
· Creating the centre culture,
· Organizing and continuous supervision of a nursery in partnership with the JCC,
· Providing proper care in terms of hygiene, education, and development; creating conditions conducive to a harmonious psychological and physical atmosphere for each child; taking care of children aged 1-3. (Flexible labor time: 7:30-17:30)
· Organizing and supervising a safe and hygienic environment suitable to both children and the employees,
· Recruitment of employees and administrative tasks connected to the recruitment process,
· Management of the families who enquire and attend,
· Planning and organizing the day-to-day operation of the nursery; developing its organization,
· Creating yearly budgets and financial accountability,
· Management of financial resources of the nursery according to legal regulations,
· Leading the team and assisting with programming and staff rosters,
· Cooperation with the leading institution (JCC) and other organizational and institutional units,
· Creating an internal list of regulations and supervising the scope of duties of the supervised employees,
· Signing contracts with parents/legal guardians of children,
· Collecting nursery fees,
· Communicating with parents and guardians,
At least 3 years managing a nursery in Poland, knowledge of laws and policy regarding Early Childhood Centers, proven ability to manage a team.
Higher education and at least 3 years of experience in working with children (Pedagogical educational background is strongly preferred)
Bilingual Polish and English
JCC Early Childhood Center, 24 Miodowa Street Kraków, Poland
competitive salary offered + periodic bonuses
The programs of JCC Krakow are shaped as a continuous response to the needs of the developing, multi-generational, and varied Jewish community of Krakow. Various clubs of the JCC engage members of similar ages and interests, while Shabbat dinners and holiday celebrations are a great occasion on which to spend time together with the whole community. The JCC also cooperates with other Jewish institutions from all over Poland, such as the Jewish Culture Festival, the Galicia Jewish Museum, and the Museum of the History of Polish Jews. All of these programs are aimed at creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for the JCC, in which anyone can find something for themselves.Our latest venture is opening the ECC, a Jewish educational center catering for children from birth to 5 for our growing community of young families.
How to Apply
Please, send your CV and cover letter in English to: email@example.com